Thursday, April 24, 2008

An Update on Our Story

I would really have liked to ended that last post with the words: "And they lived happily ever after." I really would. However, that isn't the end of the story. God is still working and revising this family.

It has been a great year at home. I have adjusted to being a homemaker and homeschooling mom. I still have a LONG way to go, but I really enjoy it. I feel honored to be the one teaching our girls. I am thankful every single day for the opportunity to be a helper to my husband, a keeper of our home, and the trainer of our children (along with my husband). This is how it's meant to be, folks. I feel so protected. I think about all the struggles I had when I had my "career" and how things were and I really think that God would have preferred I never be in that situation. That our family never be in that state. I'm not saying "every woman should be at home and there is no other way God can work in your family. " At all. Because obviously He took our family where we were many years ago. In this fallen, sinful world things have gotten really out of whack. However, if you feel God calling you to be obedient to scripture, but you think, as I did, "But I CAN'T. I'm stuck in this job and there's NO WAY (how many times did I say that, Lord?) that I can stay at home so that's that" then pray. Pray. And then pray some more. God's way works and He is not too small to handle your situation.

OK, I'm off that soap box now. Anyway, I wish I could say that we are done with all these revisions and God now has our family just like He wanted so end of story. But I can't. Truthfully, without going in to detail, just about everything feels up in the air to us right now. I don't feel that we are now where we are going to end up. It feels like big changes are looming on the horizon. There are a lot of unknowns right now.

But this I do know: God is God. He is powerful. He is all-knowing. He is in control. And He will take care of us. Part of the reason I wanted to write our story down was so I could have an account of God's faithfulness, lest we forget where He has brought us from. The God who has done all of this is capable of handling our future as well. I know that.

Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen. Ephesians 3:20-21

3 comments:

  1. No matter what happens next, God has proven Himself more than faithful up to this point and I'm certain He'll continue to do so.
    Stay encouraged!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This story you have generously shared with us is like the pile of stones marking God's faithfulness to you, and it will encourage you when the topsy-turvies hit. Trusting with you that His power will continue to shape and revise your lives.

    ReplyDelete

I don't get to talk to a lot of actual grown-ups during the day, so your comments make me really happy! :)