Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Thankfulness and Hope

You know, I think I am actually thankful for these last few days. I'm glad I didn't go into labor right about my due date. It's causing me to really lean on the Lord and trust Him. That's always a good thing. I have to admit--it is all in His hands. Not mine.

So I have felt very thankful for the last few days instead of desperate like I was feeling last week. I feel thankful to be home with my girls. Thankful to be able to tie up every loose end in the world. Thankful that I am not on bed rest. Thankful that I am still able to take care of my family and cook supper. Thankful that I feel as good as I do at my age! :) Thankful that baby Bee is healthy and doing well.

I'm also full of hope. Hopeful that this could be the day! Hopeful that our prayers will be answered. Hopeful that everything will work out for good.

I have a list of things to do today. Remember, I have to make one every night so I'll have something to do! I'm going to prioritize today like I might not have all day. Make sure I get the really important things done first in case I am in labor later and can't finish. I've prayed to go into labor on my own before Friday morning and well...I'm going to prepare my fields for rain!!


5 comments:

  1. You have such a sweet attitude about it all!

    May you experience all of the blessings of the Lord!

    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  2. I SO needed to see that movie clip. It answers some things I've been asking God. THANK YOU for sharing.
    Saying a prayer for a healthy delivery (and some regular contractions! in Jesus name... funny how we get to the point where we are begging God for contractions LOL just remember that when you are dilated to an 8 and miserable Hahaha)
    Best wishes!
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  3. with my last child I was 39. I was so thankful to be expecting again I cried everyday. I also had her 4 weeks early and felt robbed of those last weeks of my pregnacy.I had not bought a thing We had planned an out of town shopping trip for the weekend I had my emergancy c section.God being the great provider he is not only was my daughter perfectly fine and 7lbs my friends showed up the day we brought her home with everything we needed even clothes for the first year.We didn't need to buy anything.It was such a great blessing to have a much wanted 5th baby and be provided with all her needs as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanking God with you for all of your blessings (and mine), and hopeful you give birth very, very soon!

    Love that clip, too!

    ReplyDelete

I don't get to talk to a lot of actual grown-ups during the day, so your comments make me really happy! :)