Monday, March 19, 2012

Things Are Changing Around Here

I didn't get much done on my to do list this weekend, but we did accomplish a lot. S and the kids both remarked about how our house is changing a lot lately.

New curtains in Little Bit's room. Well, re-decorated ones anyway.

A "new" rocker from Sister for our living room. 

Another new piece of furniture in the living room. It was WAY back in the attic because, of course, we weren't ever going to need it again, right? 

More "new" things for baby. Sweet little baby socks.

"New" accessories in the bedroom. 

Pink baby blankets in the blanket box. 
OK so maybe NONE of that is new. We have been very blessed by others giving us things.

The one thing I did get done this weekend from my big list 'o fun was planning the next 8 weeks of school. We will be shy of finishing our Sonlight curriculum by about 2 or 3 weeks, but we can wrap things up over the summer. I printed out calendars from Donna Young and filled in what I'd like to get done before baby comes. I really like marking things off. Makes me feel accomplished. And "accomplished" is not really a word I would use to describe school lately. My new plan is much more ambitious. We'll see how much we get done each day. We can only do what we can do, right?

Now, today I MUST finish the list 'o fun, which is all office type stuff. Updating the checkbook, paying bills, blah blah blah. Ug.

Double ug.

2 comments:

  1. ohhh, how exciting! I *heart* babies! Do try to remember that the baby IS the lesson some weeks, so pace yourself kindly lil mama.
    I just love the donnayoung site also; great for planning!
    btw, how is that magnesium working out for your daughter still? just randomly curious as I use it for my aspie child.
    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are still tic-free!! that stuff is amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete

I don't get to talk to a lot of actual grown-ups during the day, so your comments make me really happy! :)