Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Time for a Break!

Uh, not from blogging. Obviously, I've BEEN taking one of those! No....we've got a camping trip coming up and I am so excited! It's time for a break from school, from housework, from being here every day, from errands, from work. We need a vacation!

We're going with some friends this year and that is always much more exciting for the girls. We'll have 6 kids running around and keeping each other busy and it will be nice. The weather will be in the high 40s-low 50s at night and the high 70s in the day--PERFECT!

This particular family we are going with, along with our girls, have started a Keepers of the Faith club. (They have all girls too). So the first badge our girls will be earning is the camping badge. Yesterday was our first meeting and one of the things they had to do was plan the meals. Um...that was really easy for them! They did it quickly and didn't miss a thing! Us Moms decided it was because they always go grocery shopping with us (being homeschoolers) so they know a thing or two about it.

That, and they like to eat.

So, next week is our camping trip and week off from school and then....I plan to be back to blogging!

We'll have nearly 70 school days under our belts by then. Not too bad.

Also, I'm ready for the holidays...Thanksgiving, Christmas.

Notice I did not say prepared. I said ready. Big difference.

2 comments:

  1. I've missed your blogging! I don't follow any blogs but I do read your blog a couple of times a week as time permits. I also homeschool my soon to be 13 year old twin daughters in 8th grade, my 11 year old daughter in 6th grade, and my 10 year old daughter in 4th grade! We also have a soon to be 2 year old son. I'm blessed to be able to stay home with my children even though many times it means we don't have all the things the world thinks we need. We have what God knows we need and that's what matters! I am many times encouraged by your blog when things get hard so I thank you . God bless you and your family and have a GREAT vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun!! Love the club idea. I gotta click on that link!

    P.S. Love that your blog is now smartphone friendly!! I'll be commenting all the time now cuz it's so easy! :)

    ReplyDelete

I don't get to talk to a lot of actual grown-ups during the day, so your comments make me really happy! :)