Monday, January 28, 2008

Un-Doing, Catching Up, and Other Thoughts on All These Revisions

I can mark the time in our life when it started changing. Our life, that is. You have probably read about it in my sidebar. I talked about it here too. God has made exciting changes to our family, to our lives. I would NEVER want to go back to how our life was 4 years ago. Never.

But sometimes I feel so behind. I mean, come on....a 36 year old woman just now figuring out how to run a house? Just a few years ago finally figuring out how God intends families to work? Still learning to cook? Someone who has been a Christian for over 20 years just now understanding really simple parts of scripture?

It's pathetic! I am SO far behind where I should be. How has it affected my daughters? What about those 4 or 5 years Sweetheart spent being cared for by babysitters? What about all the hours I spent with my children while my attention was on "ministry?" What about all the Bible teaching and training I did NOT do with the girls all those years?

How can I ever catch up?

And then I read a quote by Voddie Baucher in a post at Making Home. Jess spent a long time listening to a sermon of his in order to get this quote. She posted it on her blog and it just gave me such a new perspective I had to share it. (Thank you, Jess for your hard work!) Please click over and read his quote.

I was only thinking of my life and not the impact my children will have for God's kingdom. And their children.

So, it isn't too late. I may be getting a late start, but God can transform our family and use the members of this family for His purposes.

That, my friends, is good news!

6 comments:

  1. ...and I will restore to you the years that the locusts hath eaten...and ye shall...praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wonderously with you; and my people shall never be ashamed."

    That's from Joel 2.

    And the only thing worse than a 36 woman learning on the job is a 39 year old woman learning on the job. *waves* "Hello!" ;)

    But because He lives, we'll both be fine--I'm sure of it. By faith.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Brenda, join the club! I love the Scripture GB quoted in her comment. Many of us are learning, catching up, and figuring this thing out as God unfolds His word in us and gives us heapfuls of grace and mercy for the journey. Most of my girls are much older than yours so imagine the damage I may have done-and mine weren't even at the baby sitters! I'm sure you're doing a wonerful job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup ..... Me too. Grafted Branch has been a real blessing to me as well. What an encouragement for us "late bloomers".

    Thanking Him for being faithful .........

    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good news indeed that He is in charge huh? I am only about 3 years behind you, but still learning on the job. I would like to think we can appreciate our new lives so much more since we have seen both sides of the fence, you know? And because of that, praise be to God for his goodness and mercy and grace!

    Glad you're back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like Paul, the super Christian says:
    Phi 3:12-14 "Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus. Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus."

    I need the reminder all the time.y

    ReplyDelete
  6. *Waves* I'm right there with you. Your situation is the same as mine except that I am FORTY-ONE. It's pathetic. I am just "getting it".

    ReplyDelete

I don't get to talk to a lot of actual grown-ups during the day, so your comments make me really happy! :)