Tuesday, January 8, 2008

I'm Thinking This Was An Appropriate Goal

What are you looking at, you ask? Well this is the former contents of one of my kitchen cabinets. I'm simplifying and decluttering you know. I decided to take Sara's advice and just have the everyday dishes that we need on hand and store everything else. Fewer stuff to store, fewer dishes to wash, it's all good.




So how many cups and glasses did we have? MORE THAN EIGHTY!!!!! Folks, there are FOUR of us living in this house!!!!!!!



I still cannot get over that number. It's ridiculous.



It seems that at least half of them were coffee cups and we have exactly ONE coffee drinker in this house. And yes, I drink hot chocolate but honestly, it's like 2-4 times a year. So.



Here is Little Bit being used as free labor taught responsibility by her mom. Don't worry about her. She loves to clean. It doesn't come from my genes, I'll tell you that much. We are on day 3 of the kitchen decluttering and I'm almost through. It's going to be so great. Thank you for helping Little Bit.


And here is Sweetheart's contribution to the kitchen make-over.
Oh, I'm kidding. She's having a little trouble getting off of her holiday schedule, which I think was really working for her. And she is the one who completely helped me reorganize the pantry. She did most of the work herself too. I just forgot to take a picture. So, give her credit also. Thank you, Sweetheart.

And let me just say that I have decluttered before. But this time I'm also setting up a system so that it will be more useable. I have "zones" in my kitchen now! I didn't even know what a kitchen zone was last week!


I'm getting too fancy for even myself.

6 comments:

  1. *clapping heartily* Congratulations to you! I am sure you feel such a sense of accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like it's going well! Post after pictures to further inspire those of us who aren't making such wonderful progress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool!!
    Sara's advice was great, wasn't it?
    Keep us updated, ok!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to have to stop reading blogs about decluttering and actually start decluttering. Or else I'll be found under my clutter--reading blogs.

    Bravo to you and the child laborers. I'm a big fan of that system. Press on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. *lol* I hear you about the coffee thing.... neither one of us drinks coffee.. in fact, I was thinking about ditching the coffeemaker all together.. clears up counter space, you know..

    But then there's my mum who visits us 3 times a week demanding a cup.. *lol*

    ;)

    greetings from the netherlands..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brenda!! I have internet at home now, so I can like, read your blog and stuff! I am so jealous that you have so many cups. :0)

    But, just wanted to pop in and let you know you made me smile today.

    Come on over for a visit when you have time.

    ReplyDelete

I don't get to talk to a lot of actual grown-ups during the day, so your comments make me really happy! :)