Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Know What I Love About Blogging?

The comments from readers and the posts from bloggers who are ahead of me in this parenting thing.

They may not even think they are being helpful, but I love reading "oh yeah, when my kids were that age..." because it reminds me that others have been here and I will get through this. When Sweetheart had to be retained in first grade a few years ago I was so upset. Being a former first grade teacher, I was SURE I could help her. When it became obvious she really did need to repeat, a mom whose children were all grown said to me, "Oh yeah, we retained Scott and it really helped him." She just said it so nonchalantly and it made me realize that this "horrible thing" in our lives was really just a bump on the road. One day I would look back and say, "yeah, we went through that too."

And Andrea let me know today that even moms who have been moms for a while, can still have a bad day. For some reason, since my kids are not babies anymore I thought I had to be all confident and handle everything smoothly. Since I'm not a "new" mom anymore and all...

Whew! I'm glad that's not true! And I learn so much from you more experienced moms--I really do. Even though I've been a wife for 15 years next month, a mom for 8 years, and a homemaker for one year (last weekend!).....I still feel SO new to all this. This being a full-time wife, a full-time mom, and a full-time homemaker.

I love reading how other people do things. Plus I'm nosy.

So blogging is awesome! I'm thankful for you all!

4 comments:

  1. It's especially when they have pictures to document the "normal".

    It fulfills my nosy-ness beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been a mom for 15 years and I still have days when I'm overwhelmed and feel like I have no idea what I'm doing. And you're right. Blogging has a way of reminding you that you're not alone. Others are right there in the trenches with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a momma yet but I am still trying to get all the kinks worked out of married life...lol. Been married 7 years and still am constantly learning new things. It's fun though!

    I enjoy blogging too as it's a blessing to chat with like minded people and learn things from them.

    When there are no Titus 2 ladies in the church to learn from, us younger ladies have to learn it from somewhere, dont we?

    God Bless your week!

    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, it is a blessing to commiserate with each other!!! And know you are not alone!! Women love that!

    ReplyDelete

I don't get to talk to a lot of actual grown-ups during the day, so your comments make me really happy! :)