Thursday, June 21, 2007

I Am Blessed

Some days I feel pretty smug about myself. Maybe I paid all the bills early AND had stamps on hand to mail them with. Maybe I thought of a wonderful craft project for my daughters to do and we all enjoyed a great time together at the table working and laughing together. Perhaps I had my husband's clothes all washed, ironed, and ready to wear for the entire week. Or, maybe I had a streak of 4-5 days with great meals cooked.

Sometimes I am on top of things.

But today is not one of those days. Today I am reminded how pitifully short I fall. I am aware of how much grace and forgiveness I need. I am not "Wonder Wife." I am not "Super Mom." Not even close.

I am very thankful to God today that He would care about me. That He would forgive me and offer me grace. I know I don't deserve it. To think that God would send His Son to die for me...it is overwhelming.

To think that my husband would choose me and love me. I am very thankful for him. I have done nothing to deserve such a great husband.

To think that my children want to hug me when they walk through the room. They are precious gifts.

I deserve nothing, but I have been given God's love.

Thank you, Lord, for your love. Thank you for my husband and daughters. They mean the world to me. Please help me to show how much I love them every day. Please help me to be the wife and mother you want me to be. I need your help. In Jesus' name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I don't get to talk to a lot of actual grown-ups during the day, so your comments make me really happy! :)